Angela Airall, PMD, MBA
Vice President of Leadership Development, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Angela is a world-renown expert with 30+ years of diversity, equity, and inclusion consulting, training, and coaching experience across all industries. This sought-after thought leader has designed leadership academies, developed, and managed executive coaching practices for world-class organizations, all while delivering best–in-class DEI course content to enhance leadership effectiveness.
Following is a sampling of her many achievements:
- Designed and led Duke Leadership Academy with Coach K Center for Leadership Ethics to drive retention, advancement and job mobility of senior administrators.
- Designed and led Duke Medicine C-CHAMP Program creating new Physician Competency Model to build Medical Chair pipeline of Division Chiefs.
- Launched new certificate program Rising Tide for D&I efforts at Nicholas School of the Environment
- Provided enterprise-wide Executive Coaching to 150 Physician Chiefs, Academic Deans, College Administrators over 5-year period to cross-fertilize talent and businesses.
- Designed and led Physician-based Action Learning Teams to build Duke Global Health initiative resulting in Duke Singapore Hospital
- Designed and led CEO Executive Coaching practice to support leadership transitions for 300 CEOs at Girl Scouts of the USA
- Designed and led restructuring of 300 Girl Scout Councils to higher performing businesses
- Designed new curriculum as lead to GSUSA Edith Macy Conference Center increasing revenues over 3 years.
- Designed Oxford Leadership Youth Academy for girl development using girl competency model to rebrand GSUSA
- Designed Johnson and Johnson’s Global Women’s Leadership Initiative, facilitated Consumer Diversity Conference and created Leaderview – for Global High Potential Leadership Development for Consumer, Medical Device sectors
- Served as lead J&J Consultant to J&J Law Department (EMEA Region), Consumer Board, McNeil Nutritionals driving Patent Attorney Board Appointments, Splenda launch and Oral Care Toothbrushes,
- Thought leadership and support to Johnson and Johnson consumer, pharma and business sectors by defining and driving a diversity and inclusion strategy that is well integrated across business units based on best practices
- Partnership across organizations to develop a shared vision, mission and multi – year D&I strategy
- Execution of customized first 100 days New Leader Assimilation strategies leading to successful transitioning J&J Executives, Duke University Deans, Duke Medicine Physicians and GSUSA CEOs.
- Johnson and Johnson Consortium for HR Leaders, TALENTQUEST, TALENTSCOPE AND TALENTCOACH
- Designed and 3 year faculty member – Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) Leadership and High Performance Teams (LDHPT) in Collaboration with the US Air Force Academy Faculty
- Designed and 3 year faculty member CCL’s Leadership and the Human Resource Professional (LDHRP), in collaboration with the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- As Chief Diversity Officer, direct management of staff of 4 and indirect management of D&I Infrastructure (Employee Resource Groups, D&I Councils, D&I Action Teams, and D&I Facilitators)
- Direct management of staff of 15 to implement GSUSA Talent Strategy, Leadership Development, GSUSA Global Learning and Development, Competency Modelling, Youth Academy, Conference Center for 700 staff members, 14,000 girl members and 300 Councils.
- Interface with all levels of staff to report annual progress, formal presentations, trainings, meeting facilitation, strategic planning and engage as diversity leaders
- Developed governance models for Diversity & Inclusion Council, Employee Resource Groups, and Diversity Action Teams to ensure sustainability
- Implemented education curriculum that increased the effectiveness of manager-staff communication
- Identified and developed retention strategy that increased representation of women in management to 21% and People of Color in management.
- Proven track record of partnering with Board of Directors, in all sectors of business, on diversity and inclusion programs and goal setting
- Created Diversity Strategy for CINergy, Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, Nicholas School of Environment at Duke University and various departments at Duke Medicine
- Consulted to Raytheon’s recognition and reward program, now in its 6th year, to recognize individual, group, and senior leader who exemplify diversity leadership behaviors
- Created published and launched The Official Guide to GMAT, 3 editions and The Official Guide to MBA Programs and Careers in Business, 3 editions
- Created and managed Destination MBA for 85 Elite U.S. Graduate Business Schools
- Designed the first Symposium of Historically black College presidents for ETS leading to increased minority participation in doctoral programs
- Chartered National Society of Hispanic MBAs increasing Hispanic applicants to MBA Programs