American Express’ Open Forum has identified three simple facts to keep in mind when targeting female consumers via the Internet.
- Women are more likely to purchase brands they follow.
- Women use social media to connect different aspects of their lives.
- Different women, different method. No “one-size-fits-all” approach.
Did you know?
- Women aged 50 and older control net worth of $19 trillion and own more than three-fourths of our nation’s financial wealth. – MassMutual Financial Group–2007
- Women aged 50 and older are the healthiest, wealthiest and most active generation of women in our history. – Demographics by Mark Miller
- Over the next decade, women will control two thirds of consumer wealth in the United States and be the beneficiaries of the largest transference of wealth in our country’s history. Estimates range from $12 to $40 trillion. Many Boomer women will experience a double inheritance windfall, from both parents and husband. The Boomer woman is a consumer that luxury brands want to resonate with. – Claire Behar, Senior Partner and Director, New Business Development, Fleishman-Hillard New York
- Affluent working women with family incomes of $75,000 or more are growing in number, and 94.3 percent access the Internet during an average month. About half are now considered heavy users of the Internet, while heavy use of radio, television, newspapers and direct mail has declined within this group. – Ten Marketing Trends to Watch, Kim T. Gordon, Entrepreneur.com